While traditional dentures will give you durable replacement teeth, they do have some downsides. But those downsides vanish when you attach dentures to dental implants.
Since every smile is different, you’ll want to schedule a consultation with Dr. Dobry to determine which solution will work best for you. In the meantime, though, we’ve listed five reasons that may inspire you to get dental implants instead of dentures:
- Enhanced Comfort – Traditional dentures rest on top of your gums, where they are kept in place with suction (sometimes supplemented with adhesive). They can slip and shift, which may create sore spots. In contrast, with implants you won’t experience this kind of uncomfortable friction.
- Avoidance of Bone Loss – During the first year following tooth loss, you’ll lose about 25 percent of the bone density in your jaw. The bone will continue to shrink, which can give your face a sunken look that makes you look older. Implants are embedded in your jaw where they function like natural tooth roots, providing the stimulation that keeps bone intact.
- Easier Care – You’ll remove dentures and soak them in a special solution to keep them clean and free of bacteria. With some kinds of implant dentures, you’ll just brush and floss your teeth the way you always have. You’ll also won’t need adhesive to keep implant dentures in place. Plus, since you won’t experience as much bone loss with implants, you won’t need to have dentures relined to maintain a proper fit.
- Better Chewing Ability – Traditional dentures can slip out of place or even come loose while you’re eating crisp or chewy foods. Implant dentures give you a stronger bite, so you’ll have the ability to enjoy a more diverse diet without feeling self-conscious.
- Improved Health – With the ability to eat more kinds of food and to chew them up thoroughly, you’ll enjoy improved digestion and better overall health.
Whether you choose implant dentures or traditional dentures, we’ll ensure you’re happy with your smile! Call Dobry Dental at 586-210-6828 today to schedule a consultation in Clinton Township, MI.