If ever there was a dental boogeyman, it would be identified as the root canal. Just say the word, and there is instant fear. People associate fear with root canals in Clinton Township because they are usually already in pain. An infected tooth hurts, but root canal therapy will actually alleviate that pain and restore your mouth to health. At Dobry Dental, we make the process even simpler:John Dobry DDS on root canal therapy Read Transcript
Root canal therapy is removing the pulpal and nerve content of the tooth, and putting in a filler in there. Most of the time, you get numb and the root canals are not different than any other filling procedure that we do as far as pain-wise goes. For the most part, we can do root canals in one visit.
One of the reasons that you need to come in every six months is to assess the health of your teeth, and in between, if you notice something is sore, don't ignore it. Come in and have it checked out. Early treatment is much less invasive and much less painful than allowing it to get to the point of infection.
Root canals are a standard procedure that is going to maintain your tooth longer than if you allow it to get to the point where it's not restorable.
- We use rotary technology for a comfortable, faster root canal procedure.
- The Wand® makes getting numb completely pain-free and anxiety-free.
- Restore your tooth back to health with a beautiful, strong zirconia crown.
The root canal procedure is nothing to fear. In fact, we know that you will be pleasantly surprised once it is finished. See for yourself how easy root canal treatment can be. Call 586-210-6828 to set up an appointment with Dr. Dobry.
Relieve Your Toothache & Revive Your Smile
A toothache is typically the first sign that a root canal is needed. It is not the only sign, but it does help us better understand why patients fear this procedure. When you’re already in excruciating pain, any work is going to feel terrible! We combat this in a few ways:
- First, we use rotary technology to clean the inside of your tooth. This instrument will remove the infected portion of your tooth as quickly and simply as possible. Patients tell us that the sensation is similar to having a cavity filled.
- You won’t feel a thing thanks to The Wand®. Rather than using a syringe to apply numbing medication, we use this innovative method. This painless numbing process is computer-controlled for the best possible result. If you’re especially nervous about your procedure, you may also be a good candidate for laughing gas. It will help you fully relax during your treatment.
Never fear Clinton Township root canals again. Trust the staff at Dobry Dental to relieve your pain, restore function to your mouth, and give you back your smile. Call us today at 586-210-6828 or request an appointment online. We’re ready to help you get out of pain, so don’t wait.