Are your ribs sore in the morning from your bed partner elbowing you when you snore? We can’t treat your ribs, but along with comprehensive smile care, Dobry Dental offers real help for snoring and sleep apnea in Clinton Township. Using a professionally made mouthguard, Dr. Dobry can help you:John Dobry DDS on sleep apnea treatment Read Transcript
I am a severe sleep apnea patient. I wear a BiPAP at night. I will, if a patient claims they cannot use traditional sleep apnea treatment, if they have a prescription from their physician, then I can make them an appliance that they will also have to, once they have the appliance made, they will have to go back and have another sleep study done to make sure that it's working effectively.
There's probably 15 or 20 different appliances on the market. It all depends on the patient, which one is the best one depending on their sleep apnea. If it's somebody who's just a snorer, you just need a simple appliance just to bring your lower jaw forward so they stop snoring. With the sleep apnea appliance, it's going to do roughly the same thing, but there's varying appliances. I happen to use mostly an appliance called a Strong appliance. It's a lab out of Windsor that makes a very good appliance to prevent sleep apnea, but like I said, in Michigan, that's a medical call, and it's going to have to be followed up with their medical physician with another sleep study.
- Reduce or totally eliminate noisy snoring
- Sleep better and wake up feeling more rested
- Prevent potentially serious health problems caused by sleep apnea
- Avoid daytime fatigue and increase your concentration at work
Talk to us about effective solutions for snoring and sleep apnea. Call 586-210-6828 today to schedule an appointment. Our friendly office is convenient for residents near the 48038 ZIP code, as well as those in Chesterfield Township, Frasure, Harrison Township, Mount Clemens, Shelby Township, Sterling Heights, and Washington Township.
Enjoy More Restful Sleep & Protect Your Health With a Custom Mouthguard
Since snoring is caused by air passing across the soft tissues in the back of your throat, sleep apnea and snoring often go hand-in-hand. The good news is that Dr. Dobry has helped many of our patients stop snoring and lessen the effects of sleep apnea.
He can fit you with a custom-made mouthguard that will:
- Move your lower jaw forward slightly, keeping your airway open
- Help you sleep better and eliminate snoring (which your bed partner will thank you for)
- Help you prevent serious health complications like high blood pressure, strokes, heart disease, and diabetes, which are all linked to sleep apnea
Stop the Sleep Apnea Cycle
Here’s how sleep apnea occurs:
- The tongue and/or soft tissues in the throat relax and block your airway while sleeping.
- The lack of oxygen causes your brain to signal the body to wake up and take in more air.
- After you breathe normally a few times, you drift back to sleep – usually with no knowledge of waking up.
- For severe sufferers of sleep apnea, this cycle can repeat itself up to 50 times per hour, or hundreds of times per night!