You may be grinding your teeth in your sleep without even knowing it. Teeth grinding can do you harm in several ways, including causing headaches and TMJ pain. Dobry Dental provides TMJ treatment in Clinton Township so you can feel better and prevent bigger problems. Dr. Dobry uses oral appliances and mouthguards to help:John Dobry DDS on TMJ and teeth grinding Read Transcript
As far as TMJ goes, if a person has true TMJ, I will refer them to a specialist. If they're experiencing headaches from clenching, or we notice excessive wear of teeth, there's different bite guards that we can recommend, whether it's a traditional bite guard that covers the teeth, or whether it's an NTI, which prevents them from clenching.
- Reduce or eliminate teeth grinding and jaw clenching
- Prevent serious damage to your tooth enamel
- Reduce the frequency and intensity of migraine and tension headaches
- Make biting and chewing more comfortable
- Remove tension on your jaw joints and reduce pain in your jaw
You can feel better! Call us today at 586-210-6828 to schedule an appointment. Our office is located on 19 Mile Road, in the 48038 ZIP code.
Turn to Us For Effective Help With Your TMJ Problems
It’s no fun to wake up with a throbbing headache or a sore jaw. If teeth grinding (also known as bruxism) is wreaking havoc on your life, it’s time you visited Dr. Dobry for relief. Just as he has for many other residents in and around Clinton Township, he offers you hope to be free from the harmful effects caused by grinding your teeth.
One of the ways we treat teeth grinding and headaches is with an FDA-approved oral appliance known as the NTI-tss®. Made of clear acrylic, this innovative device fits over the four front teeth to keep them and your back teeth apart when your jaw muscles are clenched.
By preventing your back teeth from grinding together, you can:
- Reduce muscle tension in your temple area, helping prevent migraine and tension headaches
- Wake up feeling more rested, without any headaches or jaw pain associated with teeth clenching
Dobry Dental also offers custom mouthguards designed specifically to treat bruxism. These appliances usually fit over your upper teeth to help you:
- Stop grinding your teeth while sleeping
- Reduce damage to your teeth enamel
- Eliminate jaw pain and headache pain
After your exam, Dr. Dobry will advise you which treatment option will work best for your particular situation. If your pain is associated with your temporomandibular joints (TMJ), he will refer you to a specialist for treatment.